I want to communicate a very important piece of news regarding our in-person, on-campus gatherings, and pray you receive in a spirit of grace and understanding.
I am going to suspend our current 9 & 11 am church services, as well as Sunday night youth services, for the remainder of the month of November.
West Salem Foursquare will continue, however, to broadcast an Online Church Service, with worship and teaching each Sunday at 10 am and available On Demand all week. I encourage you to join us at 10 am for a live chat, prayer, and interaction with others!
This decision was prayerfully made with the wisdom of our pastoral staff, elders, church council, and medical professionals.
You may be aware of the news conference the Governor held last week. She communicated how COVID cases are increasing in our state, including our respective counties, calling for a “pause” in social gatherings as we approach the holidays. She stated, "All Oregonians have the ability and capacity to help reduce the spread of the virus. We are at a critical junction in Oregon. I know you are all tired, but it is not too late to change the curve of this virus. Limiting social gatherings is absolutely key.”
Undoubtedly there are differing opinions regarding the pandemic, but out of love for our community, specifically the most vulnerable, we are taking this to heart, with a desire to be part of the solution, rather than the spread.
I carry the burden of stewarding the spiritual, as well as the physical well-being of our congregation, which has led me to make this difficult decision.
Our Small Groups and House Churches are free to continue meeting as normal, with established safety precautions and protocols, and to the degree of comfortability of the leaders and participants. These gatherings are vital for us to “be the church” scattered across our valley. I strongly encourage you to find or form a House Church or small group with people you know.
I will keep you updated over the coming weeks as we look forward to regathering in December. Until then, please know how much you are loved and believed in.
Grace and Peace,
- Are masks required?
Yes. Per state and CDC guidelines, all church guests ages 5 and up must wear a mask indoors. If you need one, we will have basic ones available at the doors.
- What other COVID-19 protocols are being followed?
- Social distancing of 6-feet will be maintained while indoors.
- Each ministry area has a limited capacity determined by square footage. We are only allowed 100 people in the auditorium, and we are offering a limited capacity Kid’s Ministry.
- Services are slightly shorter to allow time for sanitizing of high-touch areas.
- We will not be providing refreshments, however you are welcome to bring your own!
- Giving of tithes and offerings happens primarily online, with physical drop-boxes available throughout the church campus
- What will Kids Ministry and Nursery look like?
- Our Kids Ministry is available for walkers - 5th grade.
- Each service will offer 2 rooms of Kid's Ministry with ratios of 10 children to 2 leaders.
- The first room will be walkers - 4 year olds. The second will be K - 5.
- Children must be pre-registered with the family.
- All children and volunteers entering Kid's Ministry will receive a touch-less temperature check prior to entering the building.
- Elementary students will be required to wear masks and our rooms will be set up to help maintain a 6 foot distance from anyone outside the household.
- Preschool children will not be required to wear masks and we will attempt to keep them in smaller groups, using a rotation center system to allow them to play with the limited and sanitized toys and activities provided.
- Each child will have their own set of crayons, markers, scissors, etc. in a plastic baggie that only they will use for that service.
- At this time we will not have a nursery with volunteers.
- What if I’m not ready to attend in person?
Everyone has a different comfort level right now when it comes to being around others. We totally understand and respect that. We encourage you to feed your soul and connect with others through our Online Services. Reach out in the comments and let us know how we can serve you during this time.
- I haven’t been feeling well, should I still come?
If you have had any of the following symptoms, please stay home for a minimum of two weeks and enjoy our Online Services:
- Fever of 100º or more
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
If you have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, please do the same.