Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
Once a month our WSFC staff and key leaders have an extended time together for what we call a Leadership Lunch. We pray, share God’s stories, vision-cast and equip our core leadership (and then we do something really biblical: eat together).
Yesterday we had a special guest share at our Leadership Lunch. He is a friend of mine that was up from California speaking at another church in the area. I grabbed him while he was in town. His name is Jason Graves and his a new author of a book called “Anchored Man.” You can find it at www.anchoredman.com. Before he communicated a leadership lesson about the care of our souls, Jason asked each person in the room to share their name, their ministry role and what they see as a strength of West Salem Foursquare. He wanted to know what we were most proud of at our church.
I took notes.
Here are direct quotes from our key leaders regarding our congregation:
• It’s a place for prodigals.
• You can come as you are.
• It’s a fun place that you WANT to be at.
• We have a positive reputation; people know about us.
• We are given permission to wrestle with tough questions.
• We work together as a team.
• We adapt to change.
• We have attached ourselves to the community and are making an impact.
• Our church has “huge arms.”
• We experience the miraculous on a regular basis in the lives of people.
• We are family.