Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
True Confession: I like the THOUGHT of exercise more than actually DOING it.
And I don’t think I’m alone in this.
But…nevertheless, I do it. Why? Because it is good for me, and gives me a better shot at being around and alive longer. Of course, exercise isn’t the only thing that will ensure this. It is also important to eat right, get good sleep, be free from harmful addictions, have a joyful disposition, be around positive people, and live a holy and wholesome life in the Lord.
1 Timothy 4:7,8 says it this way: “Train yourself to be godly. Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
This is an important reminder to care for ourselves PHYSICALLY as well as SPIRITUALLY. Both are vital. Not just one. Not just the other.
So, let’s be diligent in our physical training. How? Well, here are three good places to start…
1. Eat: put good, whole food in your body.
2. Sleep: get enough sound sleep in order for your mind and body to remain sane and healthy.
3. Move: do whatever it takes to get your body moving in some form or fashion!
Also, let’s be diligent in training ourselves for godliness. How? Well, a good place to start is with The Big Three:
1. Scripture: get a word from God from the Word of God everyday.
2. Small Groups: go beyond sitting in rows at church and move into circles of fellowship and growth. In other words: don’t just go to church…be the church.
3. Serving: freely you have been given, so now…freely GIVE BACK!