Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
Last month at West Salem Foursquare we took 4 weeks to unpack the Parable of the Sower in Luke 8 in a series called INTEREST: Where Your Treasure Is, There Your Heart Will Be Also. In the lobby there was a place for folks to PIN their Praises, Insights and Needs. Last week I listed all the PRAISES. This week let’s take a look at the INSIGHTS.
My hope is that you get a Word FROM God from the Word OF God everyday. That’s why we really push our Life Journal Reading Plan. You can find it at https://wsfc.org/resources/online-devotions/ .
Here are the INSIGHTS that you gave us:
• I am never to be working for myself. My cause is always to be the Kingdom of God.
• I want to see myself like God sees me.
• I must submit and rely on God.
• Jesus died so I could live.
• He’s teaching me to be patient with others and taking time for myself to grow with him.
• Worship should be an every day act that we participate in, because we owe God our lives since He saved us from death.
• Jesus died once for all my sins, even the ones in the future.
• I am learning from God’s Word that I can’t get everything I want, and that sometimes things just have to be the way they are.
• I am learning to incorporate the joy I find in Christ into my every day life.
• I need to live my life for God and not for myself.
• I know my Father is always with me. He has given me a new life and for that I am grateful.
What are some fresh INSIGHTS that you’ve gotten from the Lord and His Word?