Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
Here are a sampling of the notes I got via email, Twitter and Facebook afterwards:
• “Amazing worship today! What a “great” way to start out the week! Thank you!!”
• “As we were singing I was crying and shaking and I could feel Jesus all around me, over me, inside me, beside me. It was one of the most (if not the most) amazing experiences in my life. I could literally feel him right there with me.”
• “I thank God daily for our church home and those that help make it the kind of church that our community needs.”
• “Incredible service and sermon this morning. Powerful timing and message. Thank you.”
• “The presence of the Holy Spirit was so thick you could cut it with a knife.”
The Bible speaks of this in Acts 3:30 – “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.”
Catch it: repentance proceeds refreshing.
Join me in a posture of repentance during this season leading up to Easter (called Lent in liturgical churches). Perhaps God is asking you to let go of something in order to get a hold of more of His Presence.
What is the Lord asking you to GIVE UP in order to spiritually GROW UP?
Something to think about….