Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
This last weekend we continued on in our ALL IN teaching series that was launched at our UNITED service at Riverfront Park.We took a look at the very important and biblical imperative of GIVING.
I wanted to revisit some of the statistics, tidbits of information, quotes and key points that I put forward in that teaching.
• Average Americans spent $1.22 for every $1.00 earned.
• 70% of credit card holders carry an average of $7900 unpaid balance.
• From consumerreports.org: Americans have debt equal to 99% of their annual disposable incomes.
• In 1929, 2% of homes in America had mortgages whereas 40 years later, in 1969 only 2% of homes did not have mortgages.
• Ivana Trump, former wife of Donald Trump, reported in USA Today that she needed $6.2 million per year to live.
• There are 2350 Bible verses on the subject of money and possessions compared to 500 verses on prayer and less than 500 on faith.
• 16 out of 38 of Jesus’ parables talked about money.
• 1 out of 10 verses in the Gospels are about money.
• 91% of Americans make more money than ever before, and yet we have a 27 year decline in the percentage that Christians give.
• Only 3% of Christians actually tithe (10%) to their local church.
Billy Graham: “A checkbook is a theological document: it tells you who and what you worship.”
Billy Graham: “If a person gets his attitude towards money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in life.”
Martin Luther: “Every Christian has to go through three conversions: the heart, the head, and the pocketbook.”
Malachi 3:10 – “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
As a response to this Scripture (and so many others!) we have launched our Three-Month Tithing Challenge and you can be a part! We challenge each and every person to take God at His Word and trust him with your finances. Test him and see if he doesn’t provide in ways you never imagined. For more information about our Three-Month Tithing Challenge contact WSFC and we’ll send you a ALL IN Commitment Card. If you have testimonies of God’s blessing please let us know at email@example.com.