Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
I have a Scripture for you.
Does anyone else desperately need to hear the Word of the Lord right NOW?
I know I do.
It’s for everyone – regardless of race, age, gender, etc. etc.
It’s for YOU…right now…
Isaiah 26:3 says “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”
Let’s break it down:
1. You: this is talking about GOD.
2. Will: it’s a promise that only God can make AND actually keep.
3. Keep: not just once, but every moment of every day.
4. Perfect Peace: this is a “Shalom” peace that is without flaws.
5. Those Whose: it’s an invitation to all of us, understanding that there could be “those” who just don’t want it.
6. Minds: in the original language this word means “imagination” – I love that!
7. Steadfast: supported, upheld and sustained by the Spirit of God.
8. Trust: doesn’t so much of life boil down to simple trust?
9. In You: everything begins AND ends with God.
Hear and receive this Word from the Lord. Let that “perfect peace” guard your heart and your mind in these days. These are days of confusion, anger, misunderstandings and feelings of abandonment.
BUT, that is not what the LORD OUR GOD give us…He give us perfect peace.
Set your minds on God.
Trust in God.
Receive peace from God.