Stories, thoughts and reflections on the Bible from the WSFC Staff.
Last weekend I issued a Four Month Soul Challenge based upon the timeline found in the Book of Haggai. Even though it’s from 520 BC, the dates can be accurately lined up with our modern calendar. The dates are August 29, September 21, October 17 and December 18. I mentioned at all of our services that I would do a SOUL CHECK on or around each of those dates.
What can you be doing during this Four Month Soul Challenge?
1. Grab a piece of paper and, with a big marker, write down ONE NEXT STEP that you sense God is calling you to take. Remember “start small, but start right away!”
2. Read the Book of Haggai over a few times in various translations. It’s all about rebuilding the Temple of the Lord, which is a strong picture of our lives. Remember, we now are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16).
3. Have a consistent, weekly time of Sabbath Rest. Don’t forget that this is a command of the Lord (Exodus 20:8)!
4. Spend at least 5-10 minutes a day with your Bible and our PAUSE Bible Reading Plan. Let’s get a word from God from the Word of God everyday.
5. Plug into a 9-week small group during our ALIENS + STRANGERS teaching series on the Book of 1 Peter. This is a great way to stay accountable to your Soul Growth!
We’re in this together!